1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan (plus a little extra for garnish)
Small handful of rock salt
- Bring a medium pot of water to a rolling boil. Add in a small handful of salt. Cook spaghetti for 4-5 minutes. Or half the cooking time as stated on packet. Keep a ladle of pasta water aside for later.
- Meanwhile in a pan, melt 1 tsp butter with 1/2 tsp of freshly cracked pepper. Allow to bubble and cook stirring until pepper is fragrant. Do not brown the butter or burn the pepper.
- Add in the remaining butter, the 1/2 cooked spaghetti, and grated parmesan.
- Toss to coat and add in a small ladle full of pasta cooking water to loosen mixture and allow the pasta to cook for another 4 minutes till al dente. Add small amounts of pasta cooking water as needed. You want a silky slightly thick creamy sauce to form. Stir and toss continuously. This will help the starch release from the pasta as you cook it giving you a wonderful textured sauce.
- Serve in a warm bowl and finish with a final grating of parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
Tip: Make this pasta even more delicious by stirring in an egg yolk off the heat, and maybe even a grating of fresh truffle when it’s in season. Divine!
Recipe courtesy of Sammy & Bella.