12 fresh figs (not too ripe)
100g gorgonzola dolce latte
12 thin slices pancetta
1 pear, cut into strips
60g walnuts, roasted and chopped
1/2 cup radicchio leaves, torn
1/2 cup endive leaves, torn
1 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper
- To prepare the figs, cut a criss-cross in the centre from the top of the fig to the base, ensuring the fig remains in one piece.
- Place about a teaspoon of Gorgonzola inside each open fig.
- Once the figs have been filled, wrap a slice of pancetta around the fig and secure with a toothpick.
- Heat the grill on the highest setting, then cook the figs until the top becomes crispy and the Gorgonzola has melted.
- For the salad, combine all the ingredients, then divide onto six plates.
- Place the figs on top, then drizzle with some balsamic vinegar and serve.