Before you get started, just a friendly reminder to you and your Spritz Squad to wash your hands.
Makes 15 spears
- Bunch thick asparagus spears, woody tips removed
- Prosciutto, thinly sliced (same number of slices as there are asparagus spears)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- Handful fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zest only
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Thinly shaved parmesan cheese
Preheat your oven to 200C and line a oven tray with baking paper.
Steam the asparagus for a couple of minutes then refresh in cold water. The spears should still be quite firm.
Place a good plug of olive oil, parsley, garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper to taste in a shallow dish and stir with a spoon to combine.
Using tongs, drag the asparagus spears one at a time through the oil mixture so that they collect some of the herbs, lemon zest and garlic, then wrap each spear in a slice of prosciutto.
Put the spears on the lined tray next to each other and scatter on the parmesan.
Place the tray in the top shelf of the oven and cook for about 10-12 minutes until the prosciutto is crisp and the parmesan has melted.
Scatter on extra parsley to serve and drizzle on a bit more extra virgin olive oil. Buon appetito!
Recipe courtesy of Italy on my Mind